Thursday, March 12, 2009

all a-twitter

I have to say that these lessons have given me the opportunity to think about and discuss (face to face) the whole interesting notion of "friends" and "privacy" and instant access to a world of random thoughts and opinions. How easy it can be to start reading one blog post and to suddenly realize that you have clicked and linked your way though an hour of your day ( oh, but never on work time)! I have to admit that I am still struggling to get comfortable with all of these tools. Twitter? for me? I don't think so... yet.
My daughter sent me a great article from the New York Times called, "Brave New World of Digital Intimacy" http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/07/magazine/07awareness-t.html?emc=eta1 which discussed the psychology of feeling "connected." It presented a lot of good ideas that relate perfectly to this training process at HCPL.
That said, I think that this whole process had been great, especially for someone like me who needed a little ( well, a big) push into Library 2.0. I appreciate all of the Committe's efforts.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting that article! It does a good job of explaining what is attractive about weird things like Twitter, which are so hard to understand for folks who don't use them. And, thanks for the positive feedback. :)

    ReplyDelete